Friday 4 May 2012

My paper clay animals

Then I went on to try making paper clay animals like cats, dogs, rabbits and bears. But it was not three-dimensional. Cute though not unique nor challenging. So I decided to make the bear without using any mold just like how I do my dolls. Again I researched the videos from youtube. All my teachers were from youtube. Of course, initially, I followed the youtube tutorials and made similar ones. Then slowly with a bit of imagination, I managed to re-create my very own style of animals.



My first batch of animals





My first batch of paper clay animals were slightly bigger than the second batch. And the funny thing was that before I could find a suitable fishing line to be used as the whiskers for the cats and rabbits. The clay already dried and hardened. So it was impossible to stick in the fishing line. That's why the cats and rabbits were all missing their whiskers part. Haha......




My second batch of animals




I gradually improved on the second batch of animals. They are much smaller in sizes as compared to the first batch. And each of them comes with a different bases like circle, love or square shape. So that they could sit more stable on the surface. Beside that, I also made some decorative items like carrot, dog bone, Halloween pumpkin, biscuit, cookie, a cup of coffee, mushroom or book for them to hold or simply placed beside the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment