Thursday 27 September 2012

NEWLY made figurines


Sorry for the late updates on my blog..... I had been busy when my mum pops over for a 2 weeks visit. Had to bring her around and take care of my mum. After she went back, I rested for another 2 weeks. My so-called workshop was closed for almost a month. During this resting period, I have been studying up on new techniques and ideas from clay making books. And Bingo!!! I think I almost got it....

The Santa boy below is one of my new ideas... This time, I have made some slight changes to the eyes and the face part. Instead of just using beads for the eyes part, I made 2 holes and fill it with some black paint. Ummm.... Pretty hard to describe I guess.. If you really follow my blog from the beginning. You should be able to see the difference  between the dolls I made initially ( my previous post dated May 4 ) and the dolls I made now. The next thing I would like to improve will be the hands and legs part...Might take a longer time...hehe.....

Santa boy in Santa boot


The three babies



These three babies are also my new ideas.. One is holding a lollipop while the other is holding a milk bottle. Both are wearing a slightly different designed baby hat. I have also made some slight changes to the eyes this time. I have realised that how you draw the eyes of the dolls can make a big  difference on the dolls. Different eye expressions can show different characteristics in the doll.



Halloween specials
This Halloween boy looks pretty easy to make. But I actually spent a lot of time to make the pumpkin expressions. To make the pumpkin look more real, I brushed some dark brown chalk pastels to it.


Clowning around???



These two clowns are my very first attempt. Clowns balancing on a glittering ball. The eyes of the clown is more exaggerated. And the mouth is also painted on using a very fine brush









No comments:

Post a Comment